Member Benefits – A Message from our Chair
Collaborating across professional and national boundaries International Network of Integrative Mental Health will work to bring evidence-based alternative and integrative therapies into mainstream use resulting in the establishment of a more balanced, more inclusive and more compassionate model of care.
We invite you to join our growing international network of mental health professionals dedicated to transforming mental healthcare. As a member of INIMH you will benefit from many unique opportunities for learning about important advances in integrative mental health care while helping to create a better future for mental health care for your patients, and broadening your professional network. When you join INIMH you will become part of a growing movement dedicated to:
· Re-animating the mental health field with energy, spirit, compassion and joy.
· Creating community and opportunities for nurturing personal and professional connections. We honor and respect the unique backgrounds and skills that each person brings to this work, and wish to promote meaningful relationships and connection to a global integrative mental health network.
· Promoting evidence-based alternative and complementary therapies and the judicious use of modern pharmacologic approaches for the betterment of mental healthcare.
· Contributing to the emerging bio-psycho-socio-spiritual paradigm addressing mind, body, and spirit by promoting effective and safe clinical practices.
· Educating, supporting and inspiring integrative practitioners and trainees, at all levels of their careers and in all world regions. Our philosophy is based upon blending the best practices from traditional and modern healing systems. Our focus is on safety and positive outcomes while honoring our patients’ unique needs, beliefs, wisdom, and advocacy for therapeutic choices and relationships with practitioners that empower them.
· Facilitating collaborative efforts between researchers and clinicians that extend beyond limited conventional understandings of mental healthcare as it pertains to treatment of individuals with psychological or psychiatric disorders, to a broader perspective that includes the range of psychosocial, familial, environmental, cultural and spiritual factors that impact on health, well-being, immune functioning, and physiological integrity.
· Promoting a holistic bio-psycho-socio-spiritual philosophy aimed at prevention and treatment of mental health problems through the judicious use of conventional and CAM approaches.
· Establishing an independent global network for all mental health professionals (e.g. MDs, DOs, RNs, NDs, acupuncturists, social workers, psychologists) working to advance the paradigm and practice of integrative mental healthcare.
· Developing model curricula and training programs on integrative mental healthcare for clinicians and trainees in all disciplines
· Facilitating mentoring relationships for MDs, allied mental health professionals and CAM practitioners.
· Fostering international collaboration between mental health researchers from all disciplines.